Thursday, October 8, 2009

Greg Gummersall






Still working on getting a digital camera to document my own work, so here's a favorite artist of mine. Greg Gummersall, inspired by Twombly, Rauschenberg, and Rothko (or so I assume). I really enjoy the contrast of the intimacy of his warm palette and paintings reminiscent of notes against the large scale canvases, which are almost reminiscent of advertisements.


I went to see a recent show of Gummersall's work (actually, his wife's work was there too. Some really nice photography of horses - and I'm partial to horses after having fallen in love with Susan Rothenberg... but that's another story). He has a few pieces from series one and two (http://www.gummersall.com/om/) displayed in the Albano gallery in downtown Chicago. Definitely worth seeing while it's around.



No comments:

Post a Comment